Madina Academy is looking for a Middle School Science Teacher, a High School Science Teacher, a librarian, and an IT Coordinator. For details and to apply, please visit the Careers Page.
Madina Academy CT History Day Participants and Winners
- Sameer Hasan, 6th grade: The Anaconda Plan: A Contentious Battle Tactic Implemented by the Union
- Zaynab Khawaja and Noor Hassan, grade 6: Debate and Diplomacy: Ending of Racial Segregation on the Buses Due to the Briwder vs Gayle Case
- Ayoub Elamrani, grade 7: The Camp David Accords: An In-Depth Look at an Event that Changed Middle East History. Received 3rd place in the Junior Individual Website category.
- Zainah Khaliq, Aanum Khan, and Fatima Khan, grade 8 : Thomas Jefferson: From an Unheard Secretary of State to the President who Won the First Barbary War, Changing the Role of Debate and Diplomacy in American Foreign Policy. Received 1st place in the Junior Group Performance category both at the regional and state level. They are currently preparing to compete at the National level.
- Deana Khatib and Tasneem Zoghol, grade 9: CT Witch Trials: The Debate Surrounding the Handling of Witchcraft
- Yameen Ahmed, grade 9: The Controversies Concerning The Apollo 11 Mission. Received 1st place in the Senior Individual Documentary category.
CT Engineering and Science Fair Participants
- Hamza Alsaleh, grade 7: Converting Sound Into Electricity
- Yameen Ahmed, grade 9: A Proposal to Use Cost Effective Eco-friendly and Stronger Bricks for Modern Construction. Special Award Recipient
- Tasneem Zoghol and Deana Khatib, grade 9: The Liquid Bulk Viscosity Effect on the Dynamics of a Single Cavitation Bubble
Hassan Hathout Writing Competition Winner
Zainah Khaliq, grade 8: Essay Title "The Beauty Within"
Madina Academy in the News
Madina Academy was invited by the Human Relations Commissions, Judge Washington, to take part in the painting of a mural mosaic that will read, "END RACISM NOW." It will be exhibited in the drive of the Windsor Public Library. This project was achieved due to a grant received from the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving to promote awareness and work against racial and social injustices. Our students, together with students from Loomis Chaffe and Windsor High school collaborated in completion of this painting.
Madina Academy is a non-profit organization, registered with the Internal Revenue Service as a 501 (c) (03) public charity. All donations to the academy are tax exempt. Please check with your corporation if they provide donation matching.
Note: Donations made through paypal or the credit card deduct a fee from your donation. Please send a check if possible.
Madina Academy's main event hall can be rented for individuals for $400 + $200 setup/cleaning fee. Corporate booking is $1,000 + $300 setup/cleaning.
The event hall is equipped with a stage, a projector and a speaker system. Prior configuration of your laptop will be needed.
The event hall is handicap accessible, 2,110 square feet and has a capacity of 144 seats with tables.